Serious content creators can make post-production simpler, faster, and more cost-effective by adding timecode to their multicamera-shoot workflow with the Deity Microphones TC-1, a professional wireless timecode generator housed in an ultraportable little box. Recording timecode to all your cameras and audio recorders using TC-1 boxes that are synchronized (jam synched) ensures that sound and picture from every source automatically fall right into place in post. This high-quality generator boasts an ultralow drift rate of only one frame every 72 hours, enabling your footage and audio to remain tightly locked over the course of the day—whether shooting with a Sound Devices or Zoom recorder, or a DSLR/mirrorless or ARRI camera.
You can wirelessly jam the TC-1 from your phone via Bluetooth at up to 250' or even sync it from other TC-1 boxes using the company's proprietary 8-channel, 2.4 GHz radio ecosystem. You can also hardwire-jam it or use it to internally generate timecode and jam other devices. An easily readable OLED display provides instant feedback to assure you all the units are in lockstep.
TC-1 at a Glance
- Timecode: All SMPTE timecode formats
- Jam sync and control wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth using the Sidus Audio mobile app (supports up to 20 TC-1s)
- Jam sync and control wirelessly from other TC-1 boxes via 8-channel, 2.4 GHz radio ecosystem
- Hardwire jam sync via locking 3.5mm TRS timecode port
- Use to generate timecode internally and jam other devices
- Wireless range: 30' (2.4 GHz); 250' (Bluetooth)
- Wireless RF channels: 8
- Timecode accuracy: ±0.5 ppm
- Drift: <1 frame per 72 hours
- Frame rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29,97, 29.97DF, 30 fps
- 1" OLED display
- Onboard controls and menu
- Onboard omnidirectional microphone for reference audio
- LED status lights indicate power, TC sync, and wireless pairing
- USB Type-C charging: Two hours to fully charge; up to 28-hour battery life
- Includes locking 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRS timecode cable
- Includes hook-and-loop and DSLR cold shoe mount
Timecode Makes Post Easier
Jam syncing timecode is a process used by productions when sound is recorded separately or when multiple cameras are shooting the same event, such as in features, television, music videos, documentary, and especially reality television.
With more devices than ever now supporting SMPTE timecode, syncing footage and audio in post has never been so easy or quick. Rather than wasting time lining up waveforms, using timecode helps save time and money, and it gets your deliverables out the door faster.
Long-Range Wireless SMPTE Code for Near-Zero Drift
This sophisticated timecode generator supports all SMPTE formats. It features a TXCO with an accuracy of ±0.5 ppm accuracy, yielding an ultralow drift rate of only one frame every 72 hours.
Wireless connectivity means you can easily jam sync multiple boxes remotely during the day, eliminating even this tiny amount of drift. Two wireless control options are available; Bluetooth 5.0 support allows you to use the Sidus Audio app on your phone to jam sync and control every aspect of up to twenty TC-1 units at a distance up to 250' away. If you prefer a more hands-on approach, the unit's OLED screen and control panel allow you to sync up to eight units remotely via proprietary wireless 2.4 GHz technology at a distance up to 30' away.
Timecode for DSLR/Mirrorless and Cinema Cameras, and Audio Recorders
The TC-1's timecode port is a locking 3.5mm TRS connector. Never worry about your timecode cables becoming unplugged during a shoot.
Use the included 3.5mm TRS cable with your DSLR/mirrorless to record timecode to the left channel, leaving the right available for reference audio via the onboard omnidirectional microphone (which conveniently points in the same direction as the lens to capture absolute audio backups).
Deity offers additional timecode cables (available separately) for connecting to cameras and recorders equipped with 5-pin LEMO or BNC timecode ports.
- Deity C13: Locking 3.5mm to right-angle 5-pin LEMO timecode cable for ARRI ALEXA Mini camera
- Deity C14: Locking 3.5mm to 5-pin LEMO timecode cable for various devices
- Deity C15: Locking 3.5mm to BNC timecode cable
Versatile Mounting Options
Professionals can enjoy the integrated hook-and-loop pad on the back of the TC-1. Indie filmmakers can use the included cold shoe soft-loop mount. You can also mount the TC-1 using the 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threads under the cold shoe mount.