The SLR Magic Anamorphot-40 1.33x Anamorphic Adapter enables you to capture footage with a 2.35:1 aspect ratio on your camera with a 16:9 sensor. This results in an image that out of the camera will look distorted, as if your subjects were stretched taller and thinner than normal. This is easily corrected in post with virtually any modern NLE, creating an image suitable for viewing on wide-screen. The SLR Magic Anamorphot-40 1.33x works with lenses that have a front element physically no larger than 40mm in diameter. For full-frame sensors, SLR Magic recommends that the Anamorphot-40 1.33x be used with 40mm or longer focal length lenses; it is compatible with select wider lenses when using S35 and Micro Four Thirds sensors.
The Anamorphot-40 features adjustable focus marked normal and near. The near adjustment allows you to focus on subjects two feet away; setting the adapter to normal allows you to focus on subjects from three feet to infinity. The Anamorphot-40 mounts to lenses with a non-rotating front and a 52mm front filter thread. This adapter is compatible with full-frame and APS-C camera sensors, and with both automatic and manual focus lenses.
Including but not limited to:
Canon EF Mount:
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM (full-frame or APS-C sensor)
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM at f/2.8 or smaller (full-frame or APS-C sensor)
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II at f/2.8 or smaller (full-frame or APS-C sensor)
- Sony FE 28mm f/2 at f/2.8 or smaller (APS-C sensor)
- Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA (APS-C sensor)
- Zeiss Sonnar FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA (APS-C sensor)
- Zeiss Loxia 2/35 at f/2.8 or smaller (APS-C sensor)
- Zeiss Loxia 2/50 at f/2.8 or smaller (full-frame sensor)
- SLR Magic 75mm f/1.4 at f/2.8 or smaller (full-frame sensor)
- SLR Magic 35mm f/1.2 CINE at f/4 (APS-C sensor)
- SLR Magic 50mm f/1.1 CINE at f/4 (full-frame or APS-C sensor)
Anamorphic adapter enables you to capture your image using your entire sensor, so there is no loss in resolution when compared with cropping your image
For 40mm or longer MF and AF prime lenses in full-frame, with a front element diameter of less than 40mm
Works with full-frame and APS-C camera sensors
The Anamorphot-40 1.33x screws onto your lens's front, providing the classic anamorphic effect
The normal/near adjustments ring allows you to fine-tune the focus of your lens for shooting subjects closer than 3'
62mm filter thread for attaching optional filters, diopters, or the SLR Magic Rangefinder Cine for improved focus functionality