A comprehensive everyday companion, the X-S20 from FUJIFILM brings power above its weight class to give photographers and content creators outstanding results on epic journeys and in intimate moments.
For the first time in an X-S-series model, the 26.1-megapixel X Trans CMOS 4 sensor is paired with the X-Processor 5 imaging engine, resulting in high-speed image and video processing, improved autofocus speed and accuracy, FUJIFILM's acclaimed color science, and five-axis in-body image stabilization up to seven stops. The X-S20 excels at video and features a Vlog mode enabling professional-quality footage with easy touchscreen settings adjustments while recording. The Product Priority and Background Defocus modes tailor the camera's autofocus function for optimal content production. Two 3.5mm jacks, one each for an external microphone and headphones, allow next-level audio to accompany the camera's eye-popping imagery. Streaming in 4K at 60 fps and Full HD via a USB-C port unlocks high-quality broadcasting, while the micro-HDMI output supports recording raw video on external devices.
The X-S20 also sports an intuitive design with a sleek approach to seamless handling and shooting efficiency. The camera features larger dials and more pronounced buttons. The X-S20 also features a bright 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and rear 3.0" 1.84m-dot touchscreen LCD, which uses a vari-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. The camera has a USB-C connector for tethering and other digital interfacing, and it supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connections. The proprietary FUJIFILM XApp can be used to view and transfer images, see the camera's Live View, and operate the camera remotely. The rechargeable lithium-ion NP-W235 battery delivers longer shooting times, aided in part by the processor's higher efficiency.
Stalwart Sensor, Premium Processor
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 5
The X-S20 combines the versatile and proven APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor with the X-Processor 5, allowing the camera to render its smooth tones and colors at a higher speed for a longer time. The improved low-light performance, and a wide native sensitivity range of ISO 160-12800, are further improved by the in-body image stabilization. As an X-Trans sensor, it utilizes a randomized pixel array, too, which provides a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and tonal transitions, while also reducing moiré and aliasing. The continuous shooting's faster performance tops out at a burst of a cropped 30 fps and uncropped 20 fps with the electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop and full-resolution 8 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter.
Unprecedented Video Performance
6K, 4K, and Full HD Video Recording
The X-S20 also offers a versatile array of video capabilities, including internal 6K recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording up to 240 fps for ultra slow-motion playback. Greatly benefitting overall video performance, the speed of the X-Processor 5 enables fast read speeds when recording video and helps to reduce rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects. Also, a micro-HDMI port enables 12-bit 4:2:2 recording to an optional external recorder for improved quality and the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack for more advanced audio recording and another 3.5mm headphone jack for audio monitoring.
User-Friendly Video Modes
The X-S20 offers a range of shooting modes tailored to different needs. The new Vlog mode, etched into the camera's mode dial, allows for easy adjustment of camera settings using the touchscreen while recording videos. In Product Priority mode, the focus naturally transitions from your face to the subject in front of you, making it ideal for product videos or unboxing content. The Background Defocus mode allows you to effortlessly blur out the background, achieving that cinematic look with a simple touch. Additionally, a 1080 LP mode was included to ease the camera's load during extended recording at 50p or 59.94p, using a 1.29x crop that demands less of the processor, resulting in 32 minutes recording in 104°F heat, or 78 minutes equipped with the FAN-001.
Powered by the X-Processor 5 and Deep-Learning AI Technology, its subject-detection AF tracks and detects human faces and eyes, along with a wide range of subjects, from animals and birds to cars, motorcycles, and even drones. The X-S20 also incorporates an improved auto-focus prediction algorithm, ensuring stable focusing even when capturing continuously moving subjects, and is particularly noticeable in Zone AF and low-contrast situations. To ensure you never miss a crucial moment, the camera's AUTO mode combines autofocus with subject detection to keep everything sharp, allowing you to compose and create with confidence.
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.62x magnification for bright and clear eye-level viewing.
- Vari-angle 3.0" 1.84m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- Despite the compact design, a large righthand grip enables solid and stable handling for comfortable all-day use. It is slightly larger than its predecessor to accommodate a larger battery.
- The top plate incorporates a series of physical controls, including a dedicated exposure mode dial and two additional top dials, for fast, intuitive control over camera and exposure settings.
- Rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- Rear face integration support for the FUJIFILM FAN-001 Cooling Fan, a cable-less accessory that attaches to the back of the camera to moderate the operating temperature and more than double 6K recording times to 78 minutes.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device using the FUJIFILM XApp or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
- Single SD memory card slot supports up to the UHS-I standard for fast and flexible file storage.
- Included NP-W126S battery provides approximately 750 frames per charge.
Film Simulation Modes
Taking advantage of FUJIFILM's vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-S20 integrates several Film Simulation modes, which mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM's classic film types, including Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg, PRO Neg, Eterna, Eterna Bleach Bypass, Acros, B&W, and Sepia. In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to deepen color, tonal response, and gradation with higher saturation colors.