The Full-Frame All-Rounder
Matching strong photo performance with apt video capabilities, the Canon EOS R6 Mark II is a versatile mirrorless body for the multimedia creator. An updated 24.2MP CMOS sensor pairs with updated processing for more improved AF, impressive 4K 60p 10-bit video, and faster overall performance. Also, the camera body has been updated for more intuitive handling, including a redesigned top plate for easier access to different shooting modes.
24.2MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processing
Updated Full-Frame Sensor
Hitting a sweet-spot in terms of resolution, the R6 Mark II incorporates a new 24.2MP CMOS sensor that's versatile for both photo and video applications, performs well in low-light conditions, and yields striking and accurate colors.
DIGIC X Processor
Borrowed from the R3, the R6 Mark II's upgraded processing suits the multimedia nature of the camera. Capable of processing high speed bursts as well as high-res 4K video, the DIGIC X supports up to 40 fps continuous shooting with a silent electronic shutter or 12 fps with a mechanical shutter, with AF and AE readings before each frame. There is also a 30 fps RAW Burst mode, which offers pre-release capture to record moments that happened up to 0.5-sec before you press the shutter.
Also, improved processing leads to improved low-light performance, with the sensitivity range now extending from ISO 100-102400, and expandable to ISO 204800 for working in very difficult lighting conditions.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Beyond stills, the R6 Mark II's sensor also offers high-res UHD 4K 60p internal video using the full width of the sensor and the ability to work with 10-bit sampling with Canon Log 3. A 6K recording area can also be used for oversampled 4K shooting at 30p for improved sharpness, reduced moiré, and lower noise. And, for slow-motion playback, 180p recording is supported at up to Full HD resolution.
HDR-PQ recording is possible, too, for in-camera HDR production and external recording, via the micro-HDMI port, which supports a clean 6K output at up to 60 fps. Also, unlimited recording times are possible, too, and the R6 Mark II features both mic and headphone ports, as well as a multi-function shoe for wide accessories compatibility.
External 6K Raw Recording
Using the micro-HDMI port, raw video recording is possible when paired with a compatible external recorder. ProRes RAW up to 6K 60p is possible using the full width of the sensor as well as 3.7K raw recording with a crop.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- Advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system features 1053 automatic AF points that cover the entire sensor area and provide notably fast, responsive, and precise focusing performance.
- This phase-detection focusing system also has enhanced subject detection and tracking, benefitted by deep learning technology, with the ability to intelligently recognize people, animals, and vehicles. Subject tracking will automatically lock onto these subjects and maintain sharp focus while shooting, even throughout burst captures and when recording video.
- Dual Pixel AF II's low-luminance limit focuses down to an impressive -6.5 EV for accurate focusing even in nighttime conditions.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
An In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS) corrects up to 7 stops of unwanted camera shake when shooting handheld, helping to shoot handheld in low-light conditions and reduce shake when recording videos. This 5-axis system can be also used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical image stabilization to compensate for up to 8 stops of camera shake depending on the specific lens in use. Additionally, Movie Digital IS uses the optical and sensor-shift stabilization methods along with digital IS to help acquire steadier footage while moving.
EVF and Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- High-resolution 3.69m-dot 0.5" electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.0" 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
Reliable and Intuitive Handling
- An updated top plate design repositions the On/Off dial and Photo/Video mode dial for more intuitive handling.
- Built for everyday use, this camera touts a dust- and moisture-sealed body constructions that's suitable for working in inclement conditions.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and both are rated for UHS-II card speeds to support fluent 4K video recording and high-speed continuous shooting.
Wired and wireless connectivity options are available, allowing for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, as well as for remotely controlling the camera.
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port for in-camera charging and file transfers; this port also enables using the camera as a Full HD 30p webcam with support for UVC/UAC protocols
- 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports
- Micro-HDMI port for working with an external recorder
- Bluetooth and 5/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for wireless transfers and remote camera control from mobile devices
Next-Generation Multi-Function Shoe
An update to a conventional hot shoe, the Multi-Function Shoe adds a row of pins at the front of the design to permit greater accessory functionality as well as provide power to select accessory types that traditionally rely on separate batteries. This updated shoe is compatible with select accessories, including the EL-5 Speedlite, ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter, DM-E1D Stereo Microphone, and AD-P1 Smartphone Link Adapter, as well as the AD-E1 Multi-Function Shoe Adapter to provide compatibility with legacy shoe-mounted accessories.
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
Prized for its versatility, the RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM from Canon is a wide-angle to short telephoto zoom characterized by its constant f/4 maximum aperture. Ideal for use in nearly any shooting scenario, this zoom is benefitted by a five-stop-effective Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery. Also complementing handling is a unique customizable Control Ring, which can be configured to adjust a variety of exposure settings settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation. Benefitting image quality, the advanced optical design features a Super Spectra Coating, which helps to suppress ghosting and flare in order to improve contrast and color accuracy when working in bright and backlit conditions. Ideal for both photo and video applications, this lens also incorporates a Nano USM autofocus motor, which delivers quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance.
Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by five stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
Nano USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing that is also smooth and near-silent to suit both photography and video applications. This focusing system also affords full-time manual focus control when working in the one-shot AF mode.
Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions.
Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.