Fujifilm introduces the stylish “FUJIFILM X-A7” with newly-developed image sensor
- Equipped with AF capable of tracking a fast-moving subject and detecting face / eye at high speed and accuracy to capture every precious moment
- Producing high quality 4K video and sporting a large bright rear LCD monitor for excellent operability
Tokyo, September 12, 2019 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) announced that it will launch the “FUJIFILM X-A7” (“X-A7”) in Autumn 2019, a new addition to the X Series of compact and lightweight mirrorless digital camera that deliver outstanding image quality with the company's unique color reproduction technology.
Weighing just 320g*, stylish X-A7 carries a newly-developed 24.24MP APS-C sensor to deliver premium image quality with the company's proprietary color reproduction technology. The sensor uses copper wiring to enable high-speed data readout, and features phase detection pixels across the entire sensor surface to enhance AF speed and accuracy. This enables AF tracking of a moving subject as well as Face / Eye detection AF with ease. The camera also records smooth 4K/30fps video and high-speed video, catering to the ever-growing need for high-quality video for use in Vlog** and other media.
The camera has a large 3.5-inch LCD monitor with the maximum luminous intensity of approx. 1,000 candelas to guarantee intuitive operability on the rear panel. Furthermore, this is the first X Series model that features a “vari-angle” monitor that users can adjust to any angles. It can be used in conjunction with the Portrait Enhancer Mode for self-portraits of advanced quality. The X-A7 is a perfect choice for those who want to upgrade their photography from smartphone pictures, offering a broad range of applications from casual snapshots of everyday scenes to travel photography and full-fledged photographic creations.
(1) Newly-developed image sensor delivering premium image quality and outstanding AF performance
- The X-A7 features a newly-developed 24.24MP APS-C sensor. Combined with Fujifilm's unique color reproduction technology, accumulated over 80 years, the sensor produces vibrant colors in what Fujifilm calls “memory colors,” exactly as the users remember them to achieve photography of premium image quality.
- The quality of images taken at high ISO sensitivity has been improved over that of the current model*4. The sensor delivers clear images with low noise even at the ultra-high sensitivity of ISO51200, which is particularly useful when shooting a fast-moving subject or in low light conditions.
- The sensor uses copper wiring to enable high-speed data readout, and features about 8.5 times more phase detection pixels than the current model*** across the entire sensor surface to enhance AF speed and accuracy. This not only enhances AF tracking of a moving subject and Face / Eye detecting AF performance, but also allows users to attain fast and accurate autofocus even in low light.
- Increased data readout speed also significantly reduces the rolling shutter distortion*4, often observed when shooting a fast-moving subject.
- ***Referring to the FUJIFILM X-A5 mirrorless digital camera
- *4A distortion to a subject when shooting with electronic shutter
(2) A stylish camera body weighing just 320g and capable of shooting approx. 440 frames per charge
- The X-A7's stylish camera body weighs just 320g, which is about 41g lighter than the current model***. When combined with its kit lens, FUJINON Lens XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ, the weight comes to just 455g, offering great portability.
- Its energy-efficient design allows users to take approx. 440 frames*5 per charge. Users can take the camera out for travel or many hours to shoot snapshots of day-to-day scenes without caring about the remaining battery.
- *5Capable of shooting 440 frames per charge when “Economy” is selected in the Performance Mode, and approx. 270 frames per charge in “Standard”
(3) Enhanced video recording functions
- The X-A7 reads data from all the pixels on the sensor and uses the ample information equivalent to 6K to produce 4K video.
- It is capable of recording smooth 4K/30fps video, twice the frame rate of the current model***, and can record at 60fps in full-HD and HD video modes.
- The camera records up to about 15 minutes of 4K video and up to about 30 minutes of full-HD and HD video continuously.
- This is the first X Series camera to feature the “Countdown Video” mode, in which the users can specify the duration of video to be filmed from the options of 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds.
- The HD High-Speed Video function records HD video at up to 4x frame rate to achieve smooth video even when replaying a fast-moving subject in slow motion.
(4) Bright and large rear-panel LCD monitor for excellent operability